In December 2000 the Spot™ system was ordered as a submetering project for power management and billing of Kibbutz Sarid residents.
System configuration and operation modes were as follows:
- 23 NTR end nodes interfacing with 90 power meters type OD4165 from ABB.
- 2 DCU units in powerline network with NTR end nodes and GSM link with the Scroll™ central operation system.
- The system operated in the TOU mode with 3 tariffs and a scheduler for 4 seasons.
- Remote upload for TOU, meter parameters and network configuration.
- Self network configuration.
- Defined periods for cyclic outbound access with DCU's.
The customer reported the following results:
- Excellent coverage for 100% of meters for each communication cycle.
- Tariff uploads and data were precisely managed.
- Easy use of central software.
Customer emphasized in particular the ability to update tariffs and ease of use of the software.